Monday, November 02, 2009

One Day More

To my friends, family, and supporters:

Tomorrow is Election Day, that wonderful time where we get to experience what DPUC Commissioner Kevin DelGobbo once called a "controlled revolution".

As you know (and are probably tired of hearing), my name is on the Waterbury ballot for the Board of Aldermen on Row A. I am running this year with eight outstanding individuals who share my desire to bring a positive change to the city of Waterbury, and lead the Brass City into the 21st century with heads held high.

My fellow Board of Aldermen candidates (Jerry Padula, Jason Van Stone, Sam Rush, and incumbents Carlo Palladino, and Paul Ciochetti) all bring unique qualities to the table, and all of us are willing to work as hard as we need to so that the City of Waterbury can continue to improve. Our candidates for the Board of Education (Christine Chauncey, Rev. Ollie Gray III, and incumbent Charles Stango) live the motto “It’s for the kids”, and have the experience in education and mentoring necessary to make a difference.

While it is easy for me to brag about myself and my team, I hope that over the past 3 months I have been able to convince you that we are all deserving of your vote.

Those of you that know me best know the type of person I am, and know how dedicated I am to helping my hometown be as wonderful as possible. I would not be working as hard as I have if I did not believe what I have said on TV and on the campaign trail, and if I did not believe in my teammates.

Those of you that know me best, also know that I stand by the following statements:

I will not sacrifice my dreams because people say they are impossible.

I will not sacrifice my ideals to take the easy way out.

I will not sacrifice my character for the sake of personal gain.

I will do all that I can for the city on the citizens of Waterbury.

I will strive every day to live the ideals I learned on my journey to the rank of Eagle Scout. “On my honor I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my country.”


In less than 24 hours, however, this campaign leaves my control and is turned over to you the voters. In about 36 hours we will know Waterbury’s decision. I hope that I am elected to serve my hometown as an Alderman, and in that office I pledge to continue the work I have started.

If you share my hopes and my dreams, then I have only one request of you. Tell your friends, family, and coworkers to come out and vote on Tuesday. Tell them about my campaign and those who are running with me on Row A. Tell them all the reasons why we deserve their vote. If you do that for me, then on December 1 we can begin to work together for the City of Waterbury.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Bryan Paul Baker
Republican Candidate
Waterbury Board of Aldermen

No comments: