Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Disappointment

I wish I had a better title for this morning’s post, but sometimes there are no other words to describe how a person feels.

For the past 3 months now my friends on Row A and I have poured our hearts and souls in to the campaign for seats on the Board of Aldermen and the Board of Education. I had the privilege of running with some very talented and very nice individuals. As the sun rose yesterday we were cautiously optimistic that our hard work would pay off and all nine of us would be elected to our respective Boards. Unfortunately the voters of Waterbury had different ideas. When the results were tallied late last night, only three of us were chosen to help more the city forward. Paul Ciochetti was returned to the Board of Aldermen for his third term, to be joined by rookie Jerry Padula. On the Education side of the ballot, Commissioner Stango was reelected to his second four-year term. I know that the three of them will do a wonderful job working for the city and the citizens of Waterbury.

I know that my fellow candidates and I did all we could to be victorious yesterday, and that (as difficult as it sounds right now) we need to hold our heads high. I do not know what the future holds for me, but I know that there is nothing in my past to be ashamed of.

Right now, I just need a few days to recover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this teaches you all a valuable lesson about supporting the other party's mayoral candidate and an incumbent with questionable achievements to boot. Jarjura is all smiles today. No disappointment for his administration this morning thanks to the Republicans not fielding a candidate. And what did you all get out of it?

Sorry Bryan, but the party shot itself in the foot.

mccommas said...

Don't feel bad. In Windham we can't even win the minority spots! A bunch of big spending RINOs that we rejected at the caucus formed a third party and won and now there are zero fiscal conservatives on the BOE, the Finance Board and the Town Council.

CT soil may be too infertile for Republicans. I would not invest to much in any election here. I have learned my lesson.

Was it Mark Twain or someone else that said, "The people always get the representation they deserve

---good and hard!"

Windham’s taxes are going up and the standards are going down. What can you do? At least us Republicans gave the voters a choice. In years past when the RINOs controlled the town party you had your choice between a Democrat with a D after his name and a Democrat with an R after his.