Monday, August 15, 2011

Nothing Endures But Change.

The following letter was sent to the officers of the Waterbury Republican Town Committee as well as the 71st District officers on August 8, 2011:

For most of my life I have been involved in Waterbury politics on a range of levels, from stuffing envelopes, to serving on boards and commissions, to running for elected office. My involvement in the political process was a way for me to serve the citizens of Waterbury to the best of my abilities. This desire to serve my hometown culminated in my brief run for Mayor earlier this year.

After ending my campaign for Mayor, I took some time to consider what the future held for me. After all, there is an old saying by Heraclitus, “Nothing endures but change.” With that in mind I have decided to make a change in my life and end my involvement in Waterbury politics.

I have reached a point in my life where personal fulfillment and professional stability have become more important than the fleeting happiness of a victorious campaign; so much so that politics no longer holds the importance that it once did.

Therefore I have decided to resign my seat on the Waterbury Republican Town Committee, effective immediately. This will allow me to focus on my professional studies as well as my community service efforts with Main Street Waterbury and the Knights of Columbus.

I wish to thank you for the opportunity to serve the citizens of Waterbury, and wish you all the best of luck in the future.

No comments: