Monday, July 18, 2011

I Shall Not Seek...

Since the end of my campaign for Mayor, I have been contemplating what form my community service would take going forward. The number one question before me was whether I would run for a different elected office this year, or if I would sit this election out and possibly return to politics in 2013.

After much careful deliberation, I have decided not to seek the Republican Party’s nomination to elected office this year. Instead, I have chosen to focus my time and energy on the many other organizations with which I am involved.

I know that some of my friends will be disappointed by this decision, but I feel that this is the best option available to me at the present time.

I have found that I can have as much of an impact on my hometown through my involvement in the Human Rights Commission, Main Street Waterbury, the Knights of Columbus, and Shakesperience Productions, as I can serving on the Board of Aldermen.

Politics is an unusual game; it is as much about timing as it is about persuasion. And when talking about timing you have to consider not only when to step forward, but also when to step back. As I have become more familiar with the political landscape here in Waterbury, I realized that it was time for me to take a break from the game.

So for now, I shall focus on my professional and personal endeavors, as well as continuing to work with the organizations I previously mentioned. For those who are chosen to run on the Republican ticket, I will offer what support I am able and I wish them the best in the upcoming campaign. My goals and ideals have not changed; I have simply decided to take a different direction at this time.

1 comment:

LIsa L. said...

Hi Bryan!

Your time will come, and your right, timing is everything! You actually, will have lots of work with the Human Rights Commision of Waterbury, going forward! As of yesterday, July 18th 2011, Gov., Dan Malloy, is closing the Human Rights and Oppurtunties Office here in Waterbury, because of his budget cuts... So there will be lots of over flow work that will come to you the commisioners first, because of the over burden of work, now put on the Hartford Office! People will see that going their, meaning to Waterbury, Human Rights Commision, will possibly be faster for resilutions!

Your dedicated and responsible, and true, to all you do! Your time will come, and when it does, you will do all need, to help and make this city the best it can be,and year 2013!! We will all look for Bryan to help us along!! Thanks for all you do now, and all we know you will do, for each and every one in the future! Keep smiling and doing, for you, your family, and yes, the community, as you know how! Sorry, to hear your news, but timing is everything and 2013, will be your year to shine for the betterment of all, Byran for Alderman 2013,will be here before you know it! Lisa L.